Recruiting team members for your team is one of the most effective ways you can maximize the amount you raise for your favorite charity! We wanted to create a resource for you full of ideas and suggestions for bringing more members to your team.
1. If you do not work for the nonprofit you are running for, make sure you connect with them. They might be able to post on Facebook, add the info to a newsletter, etc. Click here for an example. And hopefully they will keep posting and sharing on your behalf.
2. Remind remind remind. This is the best piece of advice I can give you for recruiting. I know there’s a balance between reminding and nagging but I know you know just how much to gently encourage!
3. Reach out to your friends, family, co-workers, and dive deep in your donor pool if you’re a nonprofit. Sometimes people like to find new & different ways to give, and this is a fun active way.
4. Don’t be shy about posting and re-posting things from time to time on your own social media.
5. Use your connections! If you have connections to media, reach out to them and tell them what you are up to. I love to see stories about our teams and their causes waaaay more than I want a story about just our event. It’s our teams and nonprofits that make this event so special.
If you would like to use our logo, please CLICK HERE to download our official version.
- Click on ‘Manage Your Existing Team‘
- Here you will see a summary of Your Team Members; Both Incomplete and Complete
- One way to grow your team is to move those “incomplete” registrations to “complete”.
- Number 1 issue, is their Browser and the Settings; Google Chrome, Pop-Up Blockers, etc.
- Recommend they try Internet Explorer if their Payment window does not pop up.
- You can Add a team Member from here, but it will ask you to make payment-so if you are registering someone that you are not paying for, make sure they are with you to answer the registration questions, and provide payment.
- Edit Team Info; Change Name of Team and Team Captain- please let us know if you plan on doing this.
- Invite Team Members; Great place to download all your email contacts and email everyone at one time. Use and share the hyperlink that is provided. This will help your friends and family end up on your team when they click that link. It is shareable via email and social media.
- Email Members; Keep your team up to date with topics like recruitment, Team Challenges, Meeting and Training Spots, Pictures, and more
- Upload Logo; Please-Everyone do this! If if it is just a picture of you!
- Facebook Button; Now you can save right to your FB Page or Group.
- If you don’t see a Member that swears they registered; let us know-I can do an easy correction: firstname.lastname@example.org