Greetings Race Participants!
Race Day is just a few short days away, and your Race Committee is in full swing, getting everything ready for our Sunday Celebration! Here are your packet pick up instructions, race day logistics, etc. Please read all of the information and save this email! Childcare registration for Race Day has been extended through Friday.
All of this information and MUCH MORE can also be found on our website: Website Link
You can also keep up with us on our Facebook page.
There is NO BAG CHECK. Please keep this in mind when planning your race morning.
We are excited to see you on Sunday and celebrate all of the amazing Non-Profits YOU are running and walking for!
The Cause + Event Portland Race Committee
Our race will start and finish at Bethany Village located at the intersection of Bethany Boulevard and Laidlaw.
VIRTUAL RUN: Virtual Run packets have all been mailed! Don’t forget to visit our FB page and show us where you ran!
VOLUNTEERS: Our volunteer registration link for 2016 is available!
NON-PROFITS: We are excited to showcase some fantastic Non-Profits this year! Make sure to stop by the expo.
CHILD CARE: Don’t want to push the double jogger along the rolling hills of Bethany? Don’t forget, Cause + Event Portland partners with local day care providers to provide on-site childcare, complete with arts and crafts, and a fun time, supervised by professionals. Cheer your kids on for the Fun Run, and then drop them off at the day care, while you race your 5K or 10K. Child Care registration for 2016 information is here.
We recommend you pick up your packet BEFORE race day. Waiting until race day can be chaotic. We provide two convenient locations for our runners prior to the race. On race day, bib pick-up ends at 8:15am sharp so our race committee can make certain we stay on schedule. Be sure to leave enough time to park and walk to Bethany Village Center in order to get your packet on time. Because parking is located so close to the start area, there is no bag check.
Friday, September 30
- Bethany Athletic Club and Spa, 4-8pm
- Childcare Registration for Race day is still open! Come and check out the childcare facilities, and sign up your kiddo(s) to have fun while you run on Sunday.
- They will also have the following: *Tours*Passes (for those interested)*Free food samples from our Bistro*Last Day opportunity to participate in our PT 4-Pack Sale*Sample from Kiyani AND….*Opportunity to join our BREWS and BROS (& Gals!) Happy Hour Event at our Member rate of $10 from 4:30pm to 6:30pm! Includes appetizers, brew tastings, and FREE CHILDCARE! SPACE IS LIMITED! The process to attend this event will include them going downstairs to the front desk registering and paying for the event. Then they can proceed to checking in their child(ren) in our Kid Central and join the rest of us in the Bistro!
Saturday, October 1
- Foot Traffic West, 10am-2pm
- Foot Traffic is offering 10% off regular price items with bib for race participants at packet pickup. Foot Traffic is our neighborhood specialty running and walking store, and they are experts at getting you fitted for the perfect shoe. Check out their store on Saturday!
RACE BIB NUMBERS
Please double check your information, and contact us if anything is incorrect. email@example.com. Please write down the numbers of the packets you are picking up and bring them with you to packet pick up.
IF YOU ARE CHANGING DISTANCE, you need to fill out a change form at packet pick up. PLEASE try to come to Friday or Saturday Packet pick up if you would like to fill out a change form. We need to get these to our timing company in advance.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
2016 Race Day Schedule
7:30am: Expo opens/ Bib Pick-Up
7:30-8:15am: Bib Pick-Up
8:30am: Kids Fun Run
8:40am – Bethany Athletic Club Warm-up, Main stage
8:55am: 10K Line Up (there will be pace signs, please line up accordingly)
8:55am – National Anthem
9:00am: 10K Start
9:05am: 5K Run Start
9:10am: 5K walk start
7:30 – 11:30am: Race Expo
9:30-11:30am – Food Tent open to participants
9:40-11am – HIT MACHINE!
• We will start the race promptly at 9:00 am on Sunday, October 2nd at Bethany Village Center, on Central Drive.
• The 5K/10K Run is chip timed so you will get your official race time regardless of when you cross the starting line.
• Runners and walkers should seed themselves based on their approximate pace.
• There will be one water stop on the 5K course, and 3 water stops on the 10K course. Finish Line Aid Station available to all!
• Portable restrooms will be available for all runners near the start/finish line, and along the course.
Parking – view parking map
Please allow plenty of time for parking. Follow our parking volunteers and signs to the designated spots. PLEASE do not park in the QFC or Walgreens parking lots or in the Dorenbecher spaces in the garage. These are for customers and patients. We have a large parking garage and lot behind Bethany Village available, along with on-street parking.
• Come to the race expo to meet some of the non-profits chosen by our 5K runners and to thank our local business sponsors for supporting the race!
• Receive your Cause + Event Portland race medal!
• Dance to the amazing Hit Machine!
• We will have food and drinks and hope you stick around to enjoy the post-race festivities!
• Many awesome vendor booths to check out and shop. We will post a complete list of our Expo Vendors closer to race day.
For our Spectators
• Spectators can watch the race at any other point along the course. Many wonderful parks and playgrounds to park at and cheer on our runners/walkers. Our course winds through the Pirate Park, and the 10K will pass John Marty Park twice. We will need more COWBELL!
For the Kids
We will be offering a variety of outdoor activities for our youngest spectators at the expo, starting at 8am! Stay tuned to the website and our Facebook page for more information closer to race day!
Be a part of this amazing event. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities.