CAUSE + EVENT FOUNDATION
Founded in January of 2012 on a wing and a prayer (and a lot of faith) the 100% volunteer run Cause + Event Foundation has launched a nationwide race series, the first of which was held in November 2012 in Bethany Village, a suburb of Portland, Oregon.
Our inaugural race was a success in our estimation with 300 registered runners and walkers, 34 nonprofits supported, and over $6,000 raised through the race, company matching and fundraising partner Crowdrise.
In four years and two cities we have raised over $75,000 for more than 200 different worldwide causes.
The Cause + Event Race Series is unlike any other race series of its kind. The runner (or walker) chooses their favorite Guidestar registered 501-c-3 nonprofit and their cause will receive a donation from the Cause + Event Foundation. The Cause + Event Foundation donates nearly 100% of net race proceeds to the causes our runner’s choose.
As we like to say, every race has a cause. No race has EVERY cause…until now.
As serious as we are about raising money for causes close to our runner’s hearts, we are also very serious about our vision, mission and values. Read on to find out more.
To raise as much money as we can, for as many causes as we can, in as many communities as we can.
To be four things in every community where we race: Affordable. Local. Small. Fun.
The mission of Cause + Event is to connect the philanthropic giving of athletes who participate in our events to the causes they hold dear.
Fitness and Well Being
- Host fitness related community events
- Support health and fitness by making events open to all fitness levels
- Support the well-being of community members through our events
- Provide well planned events making participants, their safety and well-being top priorities.
- Serve as a philanthropic voice of our event participants
- Support and promote non-profit organizations as chosen by our participants
- Be as green and environmentally friendly as we possibly can
Inclusiveness and Diversity
- Embrace a variety of perspectives, people and non-profits serving our community
- Respect for the views of others and the causes close to them
- Support non-profit organizations that model the principles of non-bias and inclusiveness
Transparency, Integrity and Accountability
- Steadfast commitment to upholding the highest possible ethical standards
- Open and timely sharing of financial, governance and program information
- Responsiveness to the needs of stakeholders, event participants, volunteers and community.